Saturday, March 7, 2009

Snowshoe Hike

Brad and I got to go on a DATE today! Eli went to play at Stew's house, and we went on a snowshoe hike in the woods. I've always wanted to try out some snowshoes - and they are pretty cool! We borrowed them from some friends in the ward, and followed the trails through Kennedy Park in Lenox. It was really warm today, and a lot of the snow is starting to melt, so it was slushy but lots of fun. I think it's a winter sport I could actually embrace if we end up living somewhere long term with snowy winters. We "shoe-ed" in for a bit, then stopped and ate a picnic lunch. We sat on a rock on the side of the mountain where we could see the frozen lake through the trees down below. It was beautiful, and actually romantic! Owen slept through most of the hike. Pretty much every other hiker we passed by had to ooh and ahh about how adorable he was with his puppy dog hat.


1 comment:

SA Woodward Family said...

Owen is just a cutie. It looks like you had a lot of fun. Eli is such a good kid it is a joy to have him come play. Thanks for watching Stew that night. We are really going to miss you guys when you move :( but we will enjoy having you here until that happens.