8pm - Kids finally in bed. I put together a quick list and Brad runs to the store for me. I work on my Sunday School lesson and get a shower.
9:30pm - Brad goes to bed. I go downstairs to finish folding laundry and doing dishes.
10:15pm - I head upstairs to bed, only to realize I hear Eli bawling in his room. I go in to comfort him, but he is really upset. He won't let me touch him, but doesn't want me to leave the room. It takes a long time to get him settled.
11pm - I finally go to bed, but have a hard time falling asleep.
12-ish - Owen wakes up to nurse. I keep him in bed with me after that.
2-ish - Owen wakes up. I can't remember if I nursed him or not.
4am - Owen wakes up to nurse. I feel like I haven't gone into a deep sleep yet tonight.
4:20am - Just get Owen back to sleep and I hear Eli creep into our room. He gets in our bed.
5:30am - Eli is still laying awake in our bed, so I'm still awake. Brad gets up to get ready for work, Eli insists he needs to "EAT." Brad gets him a bagel and puts him in his room with a DVD.
5:45am - I realize Eli probably won't go back to sleep with the movie on, and he needs to be rested so he's not a beast at church since I will be flying solo with both kiddos. I go get him and take him back to my bed and tell him it's time to "GO NIGHT!."
6:30am - Eli finally falls back asleep and I start dozing.
7:30am - Owen wakes to nurse and wants to be awake for the day...I keep him in bed hoping he'll doze off again and he eventually does... I start to doze.
8:30am - Eli wakes up for the day and starts babbling, which wakes Owen again who starts his "baby talk." Eli heads downstairs to play. I can hear him; I'm laying next to Owen listening to him as well; yet I CAN'T MOVE or open my eyes. Laying there totally wiped out, I'm thinking about how we are all going to be late for church because I have to get the boys ready by myself and church starts at 10am... and I just CAN'T get up.
9:10am - I finally WILL myself out of bed....
The sad thing is, I've had more nights like this than not lately. I'll admit that I was feeling pretty sorry for myself this morning! Tired does not even describe the feeling. I was so grumpy that if I didn't have to teach a lesson at church I might have just stayed home! I manged to get us all dressed in record time, and when I came downstairs, Brad had left me a sweet note before he left for work. It really lifted my spirits, and I was able to head to church in a good mood. We were only 10 minutes late - AMAZING =). It ended up being a pretty good day too! Eli was good in Sacrament meeting, my lesson went fine, and we had linger longer (the ward provides lunch for everyone after church once a month). To top it off, the weather was GORGEOUS today. So gorgeous, that it took us an hour and a half to get from our car in the driveway back into the house when we got home. Eli HAD to play outside, so we stayed out there in our church clothes, throwing rocks into the ditch full of water. So even a day that starts off rotten can turn out pretty good. I just hope I get a little sleep tonight.








2 comments:
Nine, you poor soul. I really feel for you. There is a reason kids are meant to have two parents and it is so hard when one of them can't really help out for whatever reason. I hope things get better for you soon!
Oh my gosh. I can so relate to those nights! Emmie just started teething and between that and the fact that we've all been so sick around here - it seems like I am up with someone (even myself from being sick) at least every hour and a half. I swear Emmie was up from 2:30 a.m. to past 4:30 last night just flipping around like a little fish in between Chris... I was just so tired I couldn't will myself out of bed to go and rock her back to sleep....so no one got much rest in the end (well except my snoring husband...)FUN TIMES! :)
I am so glad to hear that your day ended up going well though! Those husbandless days at church are hard enough in themselves, especially with the prospect of an unrested mother and 2 year old so I'm glad it ended pleasantly!
Look at your cute boys in their darling church clothes! :)
Post a Comment