Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Foop Toes

The two year old "language explosion" has me cracking up on a daily basis. Eli has turned into a little fountain of funnies, and the things he tries to repeat always surprise me. I thought I'd put down some of the recent ones.

Funny Pronunciations:

Foop toes - French toast
Abocabo Sambeech - Avocado Sandwich
Bubba-fwy - Butterfly
Here geh go - Here ya go
Psee-puh - Pizza
Tamin - Dolphin
Luh boo - Love you
Takes! - Thanks!
Sowee - Sorry
Juan - Swan
Sock - Shark
Sea-ego - "sea eagle" meaning Seagull
Foof or Sheesh - Fish
Baby C's - ABC's
Kick - Stick
Kiss Keek - Kiss Cheek
Ba-ba - Grandpa
Mah-Mah - Grandma
Nus - Nurse
E-I - Eli
Tahdos - Dinosaurs
Rex - TRex
Hamma - Hammerhead Shark
OH! S'at! - Oh, what's that?!
Die - Car
Guts or Guck - Duck
Butt - Bat
Mockey - Monkey
Bi-mins - Vitamins
Hnot - Snot
Hnow - Snow
Anoner one - Another one
Hoopa Why - Super Why (a PBS cartoon about the alphabet that he loves)

A big wayo sock eat yeyow foof! - A big whale-shark eats a yellow fish!

Funny Stories:

When Owen cries, Eli will sometimes kiss him, or tell him "Ok Owen! Ok!" He will also ask "You OK mama?" and then "mama kiss" if I say "ow."He will say to himself "You OK?" if he gets hurt.

All four of us were in bed one morning, and Eli took turns kissing everyone saying first "Mommy kiss, Daddy kiss, or Owen kiss." Then he looks at Brad and points to his face and says "Daddy ha' biiiiig blowhole!" Keep in mind the kid loves whales, but it sounds so borderline naughty.

My visiting teacher was over and she was talking baby talk to Owen, who was smiling and cooing and eating it up. Eli sees this and runs to my side, looks at my visiting teacher and tells her "NO! Mommy's Owen!" What a protective big brother.

Eli also tortures Owen, but somehow thinks it's ok as long as he follows it up with a kiss, and pats him saying "Nice Owen." Guess I need to clarify that one =).

Sitting in church, our friends were sitting behind us and their newborn started filling her diaper. Eli hears this and announces "Oh mommy, POOP!"

Whenever Eli gets upset with me during the day, he will cry "Daddy, come home!"

I took the kids to an Enrichment activity the other night. Walking out to the car, there was a freezing wind blowing and we didn't have our coats. Eli starts screaming "HOT! Oh, it's HOT!!!" Haha. No, it's freezing Eli, but I know what you mean!

Almost every bite of food is now "Too Big!" and must be cut down more before he will eat it.

Says "Yay" for everything, but says it in a serious and matter of fact way, so it's funny.

Eli is always interested when I'm nursing Owen. He will come over and say "Some!" and put his mouth next to Owen's and pretent he is nursing too. He also likes to stake claim to the other "side" and will point to where Owen is nursing and say "Owen's" then point to the other side and say "E-I's" then point to himself and say "Big Baby's."

One night I was putting him to bed. I was tired and he wasn't so I fell asleep on his pillow while he laid there playing with his whales. After a bit, I woke up to Eli's face right in mine. He gave me three kisses and then said "'Night Mama, 'Night" then he laid down on his pillow and went right to sleep. That was a melt your heart moment!

Eli will insist "Need Hep! Need Hep!" (hep=help) whenever he wants out of the tub, or to get his jammies on.

At a friend's house in Surprise when we were visiting, their daughters had a poster of the Disney Princesses on their wall. Eli points to the princesses saying "Big Mommy Guys." Now all women are "mommy guys."

In Tucson, Eli loved feeding the ducks and would talk about them all the time. "Oh guts! Big guts, Mommy guts, Daddy guts..."

In Utah while driving in the car, we hear Eli in the back saying "Mommy die, Daddy die, baby die." We cracked up - he calls cars "dies" and was merely pointing out mommy, daddy, and baby cars - or big and little cars. It sounded crazy though.

While bowling in Utah - the bowling ball was a "big mama wayo (whale) ball."

1 comment:

Chris and Michelle said...

So cute!! I love toddler language and hearing their funny stories. You'll be so glad you wrote all that down.