I am SICK TO DEATH of this winter business! Seriously, really, and truly sick of it. The snow is mostly melted at least (thanks to a *brief* warm-up) but it is still so cold the ground is frozen solid, every little puddle is frozen, and I still can't stand to be outside for very long. Really, being from Arizona I think I have tried darn hard to have a good attitude about winter. But COME ON, enough already! I was starting to feel hopeful that at least March is here, just a few more weeks... when I was informed that blossoms do not even start around here until the END of April, and that it does not get *warm* until the end of May. Of course to me, I might settle for even 50 degree weather as *warm* right now.
GRRRRR.... can you tell I'm feeling cooped up in this little two bedroom place? I just feel like I want to GET OUT of here! Yes, we get out to the library and to our friend's house usually once a week, but I've had it with bundling and un-bundling kids, trying to fit them in carseats with coats and blankets, getting them out of the car to be blasted with an icy wind, trying to carry them to and from the car across a sheet of ice without breaking our necks etc. Last summer seems like *forever* ago. It is depressing and is making me eat cookies, which is sabotaging my baby-weight loss plan!
To top it off, Eli has been sick about every two weeks since September. He just started with another cough and runny nose yesterday - he's had fluid in his ears for months and his adenoids are swollen up, so now we've been referred to an ENT for a consultation on tubes and adenoid removal. And I blame Winter! I just KNOW he'd be getting better if it would JUST. WARM. UP. ALREADY!Plus with the heater on (esp on those nights when it's single digits out) I've got to pump saline in the kids' noses and run noisy humidifiers just to keep their sinuses from stuffing up from the dry air... which doesn't really work and I get extra night waking from each of them.
Is anyone with me on this???? Thanks for reading, I needed to vent today.
14 years ago


7 comments:
AMEN AMEN & AMEN!!!!!
bless your heart...I TOTALLY hear you!!! Alaska was horrid on me, I never complained but people really had no clue how I made it through each day...it was all I could do to NOT scream...I HATE cold!!! Come on SPRING hurry up!!!!
I am very much with you on this. Although I wanted to go for a walk today but didn't feel like I could with an extra kid.
I hear you, girl! We all know I've done A LOT of venting lately (it's therapeutic)so you just VENT AWAY!
I too am sooooo looking forward to warmer weather. For some reason we haven't had nearly as bad of a winter here in UT as I expected, but still, if there is snow on the ground you stay inside (in my world anyways). But the cold and flu stuff??? Oh my word it is going to be the end of me!!! It doesn't seem to end! I haven't been this sick in years and my poor kids...! Agh!!
Poor little Eli and his having to go see an ENT!? Seriously, that just stinks. I'm with you -- it's WINTER'S fault!
Well I guess you know this is probably your last 'back East' winter experience, right? What are Missouri winters like??
Hope things get better for you soon!
i'm with you, and it's not even "cold" here. i'm sick of being cooped up and sick of shaelyn being sick!!! she also has a noisy humidifier in her room, but it has actually helped rather than hurt because it blocks out the noise rachelle makes when she cries in the middle of the night. so i guess i should be grateful for that! sorry about your lousy cold weather. when it gets warm here (it was 38 today), i'll send some sunshine rays your way.
Well, I don't think it has been as "bad" here as you have it there, but it is still cold enough that I have to do the whole bundling up thing times three kids. It's such a hastle, I'd rather just not go anywhere... but staying inside with three kids all winter REALLY sucks! I'm sorry and feel your pain. You can vent any time you want... I'm sure your venting won't fall on deaf ears in the blogging world!
Oh, yes, I'm so ready for Spring too! Just having the time change helped so much because I'm craving sunshine right now. I think Anna has even been in a better mood after having sun all week. (Of course, it is raining today. Blah.)
Post a Comment