
I can't believe my baby boy is four months old already! Where has the time GONE? He had his check up yesterday and the stats are in: 19lbs 10 oz and 27 inches long. So, he's the height of a 7 month old, weight of an 8 month old, and "off the charts" for percentiles. However, when his height and weight are compared in proportion to each other, he's "only" in the 90th percentile =).


Owen is really the light of our lives these days. We all love him to pieces - including his big brother Eli. Dozens of times a day, Eli wants to "Owen, kiss" and has to give him kisses. He reminds me that "Owen need hep (help)" whenever Owen cries, and tries to give him his binky saying "here go Owen." His addition to our family may have come as a surprise, but since the day he showed up he seemed to just fit right in, and we can't imagine life without him!
At four months, Owen is a very smiley and friendly baby. His dark hair is falling out, and blonde hair is growing in. He has beautiful blue eyes, and long babydoll lashes. He LOVES to be held, but is not content JUST to be held... he must be ENTERTAINED! He loves to watch Eli, play with toys, be tickled and teased and wrestled with, rocked, and sung to. He seems to get bored easily if things slow down too much, so I think he's going to be quite the mover when he can get enough momentum behind that big body of his. He will let you know immediately if he's getting bored, and so we affectionately call him "squawker." He likes to lay on his boppy pillow on his tummy to play with toys, and especially likes the old Baby Einstein playcenter that we recently pulled out of the basement and put back together. He is so strong he can already rotate himself in the seat around the entire circle of toys. Eli likes it too, so he helps to keep Owen entertained in there.
Owen's quite the "grabby" little guy, and will snatch anything that is within arm's reach. I have to be careful about what I think I can have in my hands when I'm holding him - today he grabbed a fistful of butter as I was trying to butter Eli's bagel for breakfast. He seems to be really observant, and pays attention to everything that is going on. He has also recently made friends with his hands... they are always in his mouth, and he loves to just twiddle them and look them over.
Owen can slobber with the best of them. We tease anyone who gets doused as having been "slobber-dogged." I think his favorite time of day is bathtime. The simple act of getting his clothes removed with the bathwater running in the background sends him into fits of grins, giggles, squawks, and wiggles. He and Eli take a bath together every night, then promptly zonk out afterwards by 7pm. Owen likes to be rocked to sleep with a binky in his mouth, a blankie around him, and a song hummed in his ear if he is particularly tired. He still sleeps in our room - in his co-sleeper about half the night, then right next to me the rest of it. He nurses several times a night, and lately has been restless due to his stuffy nose from the dry winter air.
He's getting into 12 month clothes, and since all the ones I own in that size are summer clothes, I borrowed a bunch from my friend Amy to get us through until the warmer months. He's doing great in cloth diapers, and now wears the same size as Eli - good thing I stocked up on that size! Owen is growing up way too fast for me, but I'm delighted every day to see him learn and develop, and to see the loving bond that he and Eli are forging already. We sure love this "little" guy!
Here's a MILLION pictures of the cutie pie - there's a LOT. I can't help it! =)
Playing















7 comments:
aww wow I really love the "modeling" facial expressions. My nephews are beautiful kids! I laughed at the butter grabbing. I so wish I could see those guys more!
You have gorgeous kids, Nine. What lucky little boys!
He's so cute, and so is Eli!!! I think they look a LOT alike. I love that he sucks his fingers... I'm a big fan of that. :)
Owen is such a cutie. I feel fortunate that we are friends and that I get to watch him grow. He really does light up any room he is in. His grin is priceless.
WOW!!! Ive been a blogging disaster for 3 months and look what Ive missed!! what handsome nephews we have- they are looking more and more alike all the time!! cute pic on your header by the way I love it!! miss you guys!!
Wow he is the same size as Lilly at right now at 4 months as she was at 9 months.
He's so precious, Jeanine! Such a handsome little guy. I love the picture with his two fingers in his mouth at the top of 'playing' and then the bottom pic of the two boys. So sweet! Oh, and the leopard print at the top kills me! LOL I'm so glad you guys are enjoying him so much... he and Eli are going to be the best of friends. How lucky they are have one another!
Post a Comment