Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Mt. Greylock

The entire year we've been here, Brad has been wanting to go up to Mt. Greylock, or ANY higher location. We've done a lot of things, but just hadn't made it there yet. So Monday evening I surprised him. We picked up pizza from Hot Tomatoes (gonna MISS that place!) and had camping chairs and stuff for a fire in the trunk, and took him on up to Mt. Greylock. His dreams came true... kind of. Instead of the endless sweeping views of the Berkshires, we got up close and personal with some dense fog. And I mean DENSE... we could see wisps of it floating around in front of us. There is a tower at the summer that you can climb up in to see even better. We climbed up the little winding staircase, but it didn't really improve the view. Oh well, I tried! It was still a fun activity. We had to be careful not to lose Eli in the fog and tall grass. After walking around in the mist and rain, we all squished in the front seat together and ate cold s'mores because you can't have fires at the summit afterall =).




In other news - we load the truck tonight and hit the road tomorrow! Columbia, MO here wer come!

1 comment:

Maegan said...

I got your comment on my blog but I don't have a good email address for you. By the way- Your short hair is so cute! I am having hair envy. Plus your family pic is adorable!