Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Anniversary and Surgery

Yesterday was my and Brad's 7th anniversary! We ate leftovers for dinner and then ate popcorn and chocolate cake while watching the Bachelorette. Very romantic, I know =). But we had family in town through the weekend, and Eli had to be at the hospital bright and early this morning, so there really hasn't been a chance to go out. One thing I will say is that every year I realize more and more just how lucky I am to be married to Brad! We all have our ups and downs in life, but I hope I always remember never to take him for granted. He is kind and devoted to me and our little family. Here are the gorgeous roses he surprised me with (it's not too often I get a whole dozen so I know he must love me too, lol).


And this morning Eli is at the hospital to get tubes put in his ears. He had to be there at 6am so Brad took him and I stayed behind with Owen. Brad will get to sit with him while he goes under the anesthesia, and I'll head over in a bit so I can be there when he wakes up. Even though it's a "minor" procedure, it is so nerve wracking to send your baby off into someone else's hands. They were going to remove his adenoids too, but I backed out of that. I just don't think a two year old (or his mommy) should be expected to deal with surgery recovery while having his house packed up and moved a week later.

4 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

Happy Anniversary!!! That stinks about Eli - I hope he feels better soon!

Carly said...

Poor little Eli :( Hope he is doing well! Where are you guys moving?

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary! How did Eli's surgery go? From the later posts it at least looks like he survived okay. :) You are looking so good these days!

DRP said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/tarik-tunai-dengan-kartu-kredit-bca-saat-kamu-butuh-dana-mendesak/