Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Laurel Lake and Whitney Farm

On our last day with Grandma and Grandpa B. we finally got some sunshine. Since we were back home in Pittsfield, we decided to spend the morning at Lenox Beach on Laurel Lake - the little beach I used to take Eli last summer. It was the perfect day for relaxing on the shore, and doing a little wading/swimming/crayfish stalking! The kids are getting quite the farmer's tans.


We finally left when we were all starving, and grabbed some pizza from our FAVORITE place out here - Hot Tomatoes - and drove to Pontoosuc Lake (yep, lots of lakes out here) to eat our dinner on the shore. Pontoosuc is the one I walked on with the boys when it was frozen!


Afterwards, we took a scenic drive through the northern part of the county to show it off to Brad's family. Of course we stopped at our favorite hangout spot - Whitney Farm - for some good times and yummy icecream. I will MISS that place for sure. It is the only bribery I have for getting Eli to behave when I take him shopping at Target. "Go see amals (animals)?" he begs everytime we even pull into the store parking lot. He can run around and play with hay, throw rocks at chickens, chase birds, and climb the tractor jungle gyms for hours. It was a very fun way to spend our last day with the fam! Eli keeps asking to "go find ga-ma, ga-pa, au' Heidi!" and to "go to ga-ma's house" and to "ride ga-pa's van." We're sure glad they made the trip out here, and miss them already!


1 comment:

skyler and ashley said...

we looked at pictures yesterday and I admit we are jealous! wish we could have been there too. it looks like you had such a good time! Miss you guys and good luck with you next move!!