
We spent the day after we got to Pittsfield napping! My sister helped get us settled in and even stayed up late the night we arrived buying food and preparing it for the next day - what a lifesaver! After we laid around all day, we went out to a "Mexican" food place. Ick - I don't know if I'll be eating much Mexican while we live out here. The next morning (Tuesday the 17th) we ventured into Boston.
I have to say, driving in Boston

is literally risking your life! I have never been in such a huge city (and I came from Phoenix!) nor have I seen such crazy traffic! I was the one driving and I am certainly glad we had GPS. We did a quick tour of the Boston Common and started out on the "Freedom Trail" or the trail of historical sites in Boston. We didn't make it to many places considering we were lugging a cranky toddler, a cranky pregnant woman, and a hungry and cranky college student, lol. We did see the capital building, the cemetary where Paul Revere, several signers of the Declaration of

Independence, and other historical figures are buried, and an old church where town meetings were held. There was a lot more to see but we had to get Aubrey to the airport. On the way to the airport, the freeway goes underground. While inside the tunnel, traffic got a little backed up - because of a RAGING car fire! It was seriously a ball of flames and police were frantically motioning to people to get moving so the firetrucks could make it into the tunnel. Everything was clouded in smoke.... what a day! Maybe we'll be brave enough to venture back out there and take a trolley tour or something in order to see more sights without having to navigate the crazy streets.
We successfully dropped Aubrey at the airport, then went to visit one of my old friends and college roommates - Jen! On the drive there, we had to make a U-turn on the freeway and ended up paying one toll twice. I tell ya, these toll roads out here can get annoying. Anyway, we had a nice visit with Jen and her cutie pie Ian. He and Eli played a little bit outside while we all tried to fend off the giant mosquitos. Jen gave me lots of good advice about mosquitos and ticks =).
No comments:
Post a Comment