Thursday, July 3, 2008

Congrats Dr. Benson!

Well I might as well start off this blog with a bit about Brad's graduation from medical school. We can't believe how quickly our four years in Surprise, AZ went! We really loved our time here ... owning our first home, having our first child, my job in foster care licensing, being near family, making wonderful friends through school and our awesome ward, and just enjoying being "desert rats."


Graduation from Midwestern University was on June 6th at the Maricopa Events Center in Sun City West. It was a smokin' hot day out! Brad's folks and my dad were there for the occasion. I would love to say that it was fantastic to see Brad get "hooded," but I MISSED it! How is this possible you ask? I was sitting right there, filming him walking up onto the stage, when at that very moment Eli fell face first into the seats in front of us and started screaming. I tried to hand the camera off quickly and get Eli and watch Brad all at the same time, but somehow in the midst of it I missed the "hooding." ARGH! But I saw him at least get his fake diploma and walk the stage. I'm so proud of you honey! =)

After the ceremony, we went out to lunch, then for an afternoon appointment at Peek of You ultrasounds. Eli was worn out and a bit cranky, and the only way he would cooperate by going into the ultrasound room was if Grandpa K. kept the cookies 'n' cream kisses coming! We got a sneak peak of our little bean.... it's another BOY! It was an eventful day for sure. We headed back home to finish packing as the movers were scheduled for the next day. Here are some pics of the new DR. BENSON!

















No comments: