Saturday, April 10, 2010

Egg Hunting and Easter Baskets

Eli and Owen are official "egg-hunters" now with all the practice they received this season! They lucked out and were able to attend an egg hunt with friends from church, another with our Residents' Spouse playgroup (which some of our church friends also attend - aren't we lucky?!), and of course at our house after the Easter Bunny mysteriously hid all their eggs. The Easter Bunny visits our house the day before Easter so that the kids can enjoy their baskets and egg hunting without detracting from the Spirit and true meaning of Easter on Sunday. Eli watched our home movie from last year's egg hunting around our little duplex in MA, so he was prepared and anxious for the festivities - Owen caught on lightning quick and was busy picking up eggs and chucking them into his basket with the best of the big kids. We got a lot of mileage out of tossing plastic eggs around the house and having the kids pick them up for several days afterwards... Eli liked to announce "I'm hunting eggs!" Oh, and the cute matching plaid shorts are from my Aunt Janice!

Playgroup Egg Hunting







I knew Eli would enjoy coloring eggs this year - he has gotten more interested in arts and crafts lately... but I hadn't anticipated Owen's excited reaction! He got pretty attached to his egg and did NOT want to give it up... even after he had thoroughly dyed his hands yellow!

Coloring Eggs







Easter Baskets and Backyard Egghunt!










As if that wasn't fun enough, we went to the park later in the evening for a picnic dinner - hard boiled eggs and veggies of course! It was so nice to be able to enjoy the outdoors as a family, and of course to get muddy!





3 comments:

Chris and Michelle said...

Your two little guys are so darling - I love their matching shirts! The pic with Owen in the tunnel and Eli above is so neat! I would be framing that one if I were you. :)
Glad you had a fun Easter!

Emily said...

What a wonderful Easter you had! I feel so lucky, my kids made it onto your blog! hee hee! You'll have to send me copies of your pics! Great hair cut too!

Julie said...

I love all the matching clothes- I have a hard time finding clothes I like for the boys that match.

Also, cool stroller- what kind is it?

You're looking very good!