Monday, October 13, 2008

Trains and Pumpkins


We took advantage of Brad's day off this past Saturday, as well as the GORGEOUS fall weather. We took a train ride on a historic train from Lee to Stockbridge, MA to see the foliage. It was a relaxing way to enjoy the colors! Eli seemed to get a kick out of it for the most part. On the trip back to the station, the train had a small malfunction and got stuck on the tracks for about ten minutes, so it added a little dramatic flair to the trip.


After we all had a nice afternoon nap (seriously I don't think Brad and I have had a 2 hour afternoon nap since Eli was born!) we went to the Whitney Farm in Cheshire to get pumpkins and let Eli run around the petting zoo - his favorite place in the whole world. We ended the evening with some fabulous pumpkin ice cream from the farm's Dairy Bar. It wasn't good for my blood sugars that evening, but it was oh so heavenly going down!!!

5 comments:

skyler and ashley said...

You guys always find the coolest things to do!!! and wow! look at those beautiful fall leaves!! That's hillarious about Eli and the bossy older girl by the way... These Benson boys just need girls to boss them around!!! (at least mine does:))

Anonymous said...

WOW, look at thsoe colors! I lvoe seeing you preggers....so cute! I am so happy for your upcoming bebe...I can't wait to hear the news girl...I am praying for you! SUCH sweet pics! Keep em comin'!

Chris and Michelle said...

Seriously - you guys go on the such fun little excursions - I wish I could come along! :) The foliage looks BEAUTIFUL! Once again - yay Fall! Your pics at the pumpkin patch turned out soooo stinkin' cute!! That one of you and Eli (plus the fam pic - okay all three) are ADORABLE! Definitely frame worthy. You look super cute by the way. :)

Julie said...

That looks like so much fun!

Sharalea said...

hello--i found your blog through my sis-in-law Jen Jackson's blog. I noticed your slide show at the bottom of the page.
Do you make these slings?
my email is
sistershara@hotmail.com
thanks!
-shara harper