Sunday, June 20, 2010

Meeting Christopher

At least before we all got sick, we had a chance to drive to Spanish Fork to spend some time with my sister and meet baby Christopher! He is such a stinkin' cutie!

Of course Christopher needed to bond with his Auntie in the sling!


Isn't Aubrey the most beautiful Mommy??!

When we were all feeling better, we got to go down and visit a few more times. When Brad finally got there and came down with us, he and I and Owen all managed to sleep in a twin sized bed together!!!! It's a good thing we are used to snuggling at night, lol. Eli thankfully slept on the floor. Aubrey had to go back to work for a few days at the end of the semester (she's a teacher) so we all went down to watch Christopher one morning. Eli was pretty taken with him, and spent a lot of time saying "he's so cute!" or "oh, he loves me" or "oh, I LOVE him!." It was really something just to see the way that Christopher (or "little Tofu" as I call him) would just gaze up at Eli as if he'd known him forever. Owen liked him too, and seemed to be ok with me holding him... but he was very sensitive about sharing his Daddy!








The cute little Slabbert Family.
My parents were also in town at the end of our third week in Utah, so it was wonderful to spend some time with them (somehow I didn't get pictures of them with the boys!). My mom spoiled the boys with a suitcase full of toys - she is better than Santa Clause! The kids adore their grandparents, and it was wonderful to see Owen warm up so quickly. He wouldn't let grandpa out of his sight, and even wanted him to hold his sandwiches for him and feed him - it was really funny. We all got to grab some dinner and hang out at the BYU duck pond one evening. Aside from the mosquitos and Owen throwing himself into the nasty duck poop water (yes, of course), it was a lovely time. We even saw an egg pop right out of a duck's behind!





6 comments:

shelley said...

wow jeanine, you look GREAT!!! and seeing you with that baby in the sling... uh oh! :)

good luck with sickness and back problems and moving and everything else.

between you and my sister, you are going to inspire me to get back in shape!!

Bridget said...

Nine, you are lookin' good. And the kids are cute, too :).

Mrs. Slabbert said...

mom n dad got pix w the boys. It is in dropbox.

Chris and Michelle said...

What a cute baby! I just want to squeeze his little cheeks!

You DO look great, Jeanine! I'm glad we were able to get together - even if it was a Chuckee Cheese! LOL It was fun to see you guys.

SOrry about the back issues. That is so not fun. Good luck with the new place!

Julie said...

You are looking very good! I'm glad you were able to salvage the Utah trip.

Wade Family said...

I loved your posts. I love to read about trips to see family, but your right every time we go home we are sick for like have of the time as well. I am so glad little Owen is better I hate IV's and hospitals...poor baby. Your sister's baby is SO cute, that is so exciting. Jeanine you look AMAZING...whatever you are doing I need to get my hands on of course I am not that coordinated so the results probably wouldn't be the same. Love that pic of you and your sister. Glad things turned around a bit for you at the end of your trip. Hope your back heals quickly, that's no fun.