Sunday, June 20, 2010

Starting Somewhere

If I'm ever going to blog about our Utah trip, then I had better get started....

Here is the Benson home in Morgan where we stayed - it was so beautiful out there ... when it wasn't raining! We got so much cold weather, rain, and even some snow!!!


Owen hooked up to an IV in his scalp... he ended up being sick for SEVEN DAYS. Everyday I just thought, really? AGAIN? As I put more puke laundry in to wash. With my back hurting and a very sick and weak baby who was all out of sorts from not being home, getting sick myself, and a bored 3 year old, it was a fairly miserable first week of "vacation." The second week was an improvement, though the first half of it was really just spent recovering. Phew.

Oh, and do you see the lovely diamond patterned "blanket" he is wrapped in - it's my Storchenwige Leo Natural wrap... again, THANK GOODNESS for wrapping when you have a sick baby! I wore him in it on my hip all during the check-in process and the long wait, then we snuggled together under it in the hospital bed, then I wore him in it back out to the car with his gauze taped head. It was very comforting for him. I just had to wedge a towel between his face and my body to catch the throw up.... I'm so glad he is better. There's nothing worse than watching your child suffer and not being able to do much about it.

No comments: