

I believe in natural consequences, so in lieu of some other punishment, Eli got to spend 30 minutes sweeping and vacuuming up the mess he made. I helped with the sweeping part - as did Owen, who of course ended up just scattering the O's into every nook and cranny in the kitchen. I couldn't help but smile though, as Eli worked and sang to himself "when we're helping, we're happy and we sing as we go... tra la la la la la la la, tra la la la la la..."


The good news is that I got my camera back and it worked long enough for me to take these pictures. The bad news is that it is definitely still broken, won't focus, and has to be sent back... DARN IT. At least I was able to upload my holiday pictures, so expect some belated Christmas fun coming up soon!


4 comments:
Wow, that's quite the project Eli made for himself! You have such a great attitude about it. Thanks for sharing your "fun" and how you dealt with it. It gives me some ideas for handling our own "tornadoes."
I am laughing at this because I had to put a door handle 'lock' on our pantry door a month or two ago because of the same problem! Parker was eating way too many snacks and making way too many messes. It's been a huge relief to have that lock on there - you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner! :)
I sure hope you never have to encounter real tornadoes! How scary!
p.s. I for sure would have made P clean up that mess, too!
yes - locks on the pantry door! we have one on our pantry AND one on our food storage closet. and as soon as shaelyn figures out how to open the fridge, i'm getting a a fridge lock too. i'm all about independence (as you KNOW), but the food mess i just can't handle.
the girls think it's christmas when i open the fridge. they both come running as fast as they can and grab whatever their little hands can get on in the 30 seconds that the door is open - ketchup, salad dressing, bags of shredded cheese. i swear, one day i'll just wrap the stuff like their presents, open the door, and start taking pictures. it would be the highlight of their year!
I love the look on Eli's face in that picture. Priceless.
Post a Comment