Are you starting to wonder how many catching up posts there are going to be??? Haha. This is the last one, I promise! Anyway, it wouldn't be a trip to Utah without some good old sledding and snow man building! Last year we forgot to bring snow clothes for Eli, and with Owen being only a few weeks old, we avoided the outdoors, lol. This year I made sure to pack correctly! We had to borrow a coat for Eli, but luckily had some snow pants that still fit him and his old snow suit from last year fit Owen. We improvised on snow boots - covering Eli's regular shoes with a pair of Grandpa's old socks - they went up to his knee under his pants to keep snow from getting in his shoes. We went with Grandpa and Sky, Ash and Kenna over to the park for some sledding!
Three kids on a sled:

Both boys cried about going down, but kept wanting to do it again so I guess it was fun afterall.





After a few sled rides, we goofed around in the snow a little. It was all fun and games until some snow landed on Eli's face. As soon as he felt the cold on his cheek, that was the END of the fun! Major waterworks ensued, and he sniffled the whole walk home. Oh well... it was a fun memory to make!



One day I went into town alone to do some shopping, and Brad and Grandpa took the boys out in the front yard for some sled pulling and snowman building. Didn't they do a good job?


They thoroughly and effectively wore the kids right out!


Our trip home went more smoothly. We took the I-80 through Wyoming and Nebraska this time. There were some very pretty parts of Wyoming - forests that looked like they'd been frosted with diamonds! Nebraska was very boring... and COLD. We spent the night in Lincoln, NE and everything in our car was frozen the next morning. Even the DVD player didn't work for a while until it got warmed up (and can I just say how THANKFUL I am for car DVD players???? It's the ONLY thing that allowed us to survive such a long road trip with little ones!). We made it home safe and sound, worn out, and happy. We had a great time and sure love and miss everyone. We are happy here at home as well.
1 comment:
I LOVE that picture of Eli sleeping. How in the heck did he get in that position? Hahaha!
Post a Comment