Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Naughtiness and Fun

Well after the marathon holiday catch-up, I thought I'd post some funny and naughty things I caught my kids doing in the last month. The pictures are from my camera phone because my good one is still broken, so sorry about the quality!

Story #1: Little Picassos

The boys were pretty inspired after their trip to the art studi
o in January. One morning I had the bright idea of letting them "paint" the wall with water. They were THRILLED. They were getting along so well and seemed to be so wrapped up in making water "rainbows" that I snuck away to fold laundry in the bedroom.



When I came out to check on them, I was shocked to discover that the water had somehow turned the wall black and blue! Then it dawned on me... Eli had gotten into the pantry and helped himself to the actual watercolors (did I mention after the Cheerios post that there is now a LOCK on that door?!). It took quite a bit of scrubbing to get it off, but he helped me clean it up. Then he repeated all day "we don't put real paint on the wall, only on paper."



Story #2: Headband
s

The boys love my headbands... what more can I say? They fight over who gets to wear them, and actually broke my favorite black one with the flower... grr! Though I have to admit, I think they look kind of cute in headbands =).


Story #3: Monkey Business

One afternoon the boys found it hilarious to run shrieking through the house with monkeys hanging on their necks. Brad and I got a good laugh at that one!



Story #4: The Dentist

Eli had his first trip to the Dentist... not only no cavities, but NO PLAQUE. And he really did GREAT. He was excited to go and was very cooperative - even with the tooth brushing, flossing, and flouridating. The hygenist was awesome with him, and the waiting room was really set up fun for kids. We had to stay for 20 minutes after our appointment just to play. Owen got his teeth briefly looked at too, but he wasn't as excited or cooperative =).



Story #5: Giant Dinosaurs

Eli and Owen each picked out a giant dinosaur for their birthdays (with a giftcard from a friend). Good old Stegosaurus and Triceratops are lots of fun and very splashy in the bathtub! Between the four of them, I end up with water dripping down the walls after their bath together. The kids also love bubble baths, but have emptied out TWO brand new bottles into the tub in ONE week... I will be locking our new bottle up as well =). Much laughter, squealing, and splashing occurs during bathtime around here!

4 comments:

Mrs. Slabbert said...

The headbands are my favorite :)

shelley said...

laughed out loud at the head bands and the monkeys around the neck. and oh my gosh - rachelle and owen look SO MUCH alike! crazy!!

Spencer and Audrey said...

Stinkin' funny! Adam gets a little ticked when he gets left out of all the girlie hair stuff, too. Gratefully he has an ENORMOUS head and can't wear his little sister's headbands anyway.

Now I am feeling REALLY behind in my blogging... seeing everything that you have been able to catch up on..... ugh.

Chris and Michelle said...

Cute stories! I loved the headbands too...I'm glad Parker isn't the only boy that likes to wear those things! :)