I couldn't take being without internet anymore, so I'm on a brief escape ALONE to the local library.... I wanted to at least make it known that we arrived here in Missouri safely. It was a SWELTERING day to unload the truck, but since then, the weather has been nice. We're still unpacking and cleaning and organizing, getting used to bugs (and giant hairy spiders that attack you in the laundry room - more to come on that), and just trying to get settled. We've been here two Sundays and haven't even made it to church - the first week because the kids were exhausted, and this past one because we had to take Eli to urgent care for a high fever (his ear tubes got infected!!! grrr!). So it's been a little crazy. I have lots of pics I'm of course dieing to post, but will have to wait til we've got things hooked up at home.
And as for Michael Jackson, it was on our drive out here that we heard of his passing on the radio. Is anyone else saddened by this? Of course I watched the funeral today and actually found myself tearing up a few times. I guess it's because I can relate to families who are grieving a sudden loss, and I can't help but feel for them - especially his kids. I didn't realize I had been such a big MJ fan until I found that I could sing along with just about any of the popular songs they played of his on the radio this past week. My mom had a bunch of his cd's, and she and my sister and I used to rock out to them! Some of my fav's are Man in the Mirror, Heal the World, Bad, and Dangerous. So what about you??? What are your MJ favorites? Come on, I KNOW you all must have at least one....
14 years ago


9 comments:
Yeah, I thought that maybe freaky suspected child molester MJ had overshadowed coolest person in the world MJ, but I'm glad to see that I'm wrong.
My favorites: Beat It and Billy Jean and that one that has the line about "can't stop till you get enough" or whatever.
I will openly admit that I am a HUGGGE MJ fan. Proud of it! I miss him. I miss knowing that I won't see him perform. I never believed for one second he was 'what the media said he was'. He was and is AMAZING. I can't pick a fave song...altho, I LOVVVE so many like smooth criminal, heal the world, billie jean, black or white, PTY, I wanna rock with you, you rock my world, and one of my all timer faves, THRILLER...in fact, I watched the video 3 times today! BUT, on a sentimental note: I truly have to say that one of my VERY all time top of the chart make my day smile inside out faves is .... GONE TOO SOON. Usher sang it today and I bawled my head off!! I LOVE MJ and I miss miss him. He was truly the best the world has seen or will ever see and for that matter, it's deeply saddening for me. I love the 80's and how he impacted my childhood for the better. His spirit will live on and I can almost hear him now singing in the clouds...and I am sure he's dancing on them, too. MJ< you're the king and always will be forever! There's too much to say from me about someone so amazing.
So glad to hear that you're out there and that you survived the move (so far, anyway!:>).
That totally stinks that poor Eli's tubes got infected! That must have been a nightmare, especially since you're in a new place without a current pediatrician...
ANYWAYS - I too was an MJ fan. I didn't watch TV today though so I missed the funeral... THRILLER was definitely my fave. My BF and I used to play the laser disc Thriller in my basement over and over again to learn the sweet dance moves.... Fun times. Who hasn't had fun dancing to MJ music???
Can't wait to hear more about giant hairy spiders. Ughh!
I just have to say thank you for being a fellow MJ fan!! I got so much crap for my post about him and I am and have always been a huge fan! I can't really explain my finity for Michael I just love him!! and I also shed a few tears watching the funeral today:( my favorites are man in the mirror, the way you make me feel,and beat it! (oh and i'm glad you survived the move!)
I'm glad you guys got to your new place safely, although it sucks when the kids aren't feeling good. I hope you have a smooth transition!
I have to say it's been an emotional roller coaster with MJ's death because it takes you back in time to where you were when he was in his prime. I remember all 3 of my brothers had leather jackets and wanted to be just like him. It's too bad the media portrayed him so badly. I remember being so confused about who he really was, it was nice to see people say such good things about him today. It's made me pull out my old cd's of his, he really was amazing!
Glad you made it safely. I look forward to hearing your "scary spider" stories... kinda reminds me of a certain girls camp experience... HEHE! Hope you are able to get settled soon.
I'm glad you made it!!!! Woohoo!
I love MJ. Heal the World, Black or White, and 'can't stop till you get enough'. I love his stuff! Woohooo! RIP MJ!
glad you're making your way across the country ok.
and i LOVE smooth criminal. i think it's one of my favorite songs of all time. my favorite version isn't by mj, though. it's a remake by alien ant farm.
but seriously, turn on any mj song and EVERYONE starts dancing. they are really catchy. and i'm glad we've been able to enjoy his music these last few days and celebrate the artist he was, and not focus on the weirdo he turned out to be (even though your friend petersen photography would disagree with me...)
have fun traveling!
Hey Jeanine! glad you made it safely! Can I get your address? Anne Poston gave us a letter to give to you. Not sure if you have the internet now. I'll try another way to get a hold of you if I don't hear from you. Talk to you soon! Becca (623) 544-2979.
Post a Comment