14 years ago
Friday, July 17, 2009
Bear Creek Trail
We've mostly been busy unpacking, cleaning, and getting all the odds and ends of a move taken care of since we got here. We haven't had too much time to get out and see the area yet, but we did manage to make it to the Bear Creek Trail Park one evening last week. You can actually access the trail just down the street from our house - it's a nifty walking/biking trail that runs for a couple of miles on our side of town (there's a longer one downtown) and it winds up at a park about a 5 minute drive from our house. The park reminds me of the wildlife sanctuary that we visted near our home in MA. It was a fun little place to walk around - lots of winding trails and pathways through this marshy/pondy area - a pleasant little surprise in the middle of suburbia. Of COURSE we brought the bugspray along, as well as a couple of those new cherry limeaide chillers from Sonic (YUMMY by the way). Eli had fun throwing rocks off a bridge into the river - it was hysteria when we had to finally peel him away and head back to the car. We'll have to make a few more trips out there this summer - we really hope to get a bike for me and a trailer for the kids so we can go on family bikerides!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
It looks like you guys have landed living in yet another beautiful place! Those are really pretty pics! Glad you're getting settled!
I am TERRIFIED of spiders and just had to force myself to read your 'wolfie' post. LOL So sorry about that encounter and I sure hope there are no more surprises in the washing machine for you! Ughh. I agree - I'd rather run into a mouse any day over (not so) Itsy Bitsy!
How is it that you guys always manage to end up right by some amazing park/trail/animal reguge etc.?! well done anyway it looks beautiful! and I agree about the bike and trailer. I want one too!! That would be amazing on your new found trail:)
Post a Comment