
Easter with a two year old - what FUN, I tell you! The Easter Bunny visits our house on Saturday, so that we can have our fun and remember to think about Jesus on Sunday. This year, when the Easter Bunny knocked on our door on Saturday afternoon, Eli was so scared about it, that we had to drag him, kicking and screaming to the door to answer it! Alas, we missed the bunny, but there was a basket of goodies for each boy. When Eli finally figured out that the bunny leaves treats, he kept asking for the "Eat a Bunny" over and over again. Lucky for him, the bunny knocked on our door at least three more times and left little candies on the porch =).
Coloring eggs was right up Eli's alley this year as he has really gotten into cooking. Whenever we cook he says "make eggs," so this time we really were making them! His hands are still blue, but we managed not to ruin any clothing. He and Owen each got a Baltic Amber necklace (traditional teething remedy in Europe), and Eli got some monkey toddler plates and Owen got a book. It was WAY TOO COLD to hunt for eggs outside, so the bunny managed to hide them in our house when no one was looking - two different times! Eli had a blast finding them, and has a pretty good eye. Owen mostly liked to play with the Easter grass, and enjoyed touching the eggs for the brief moments Eli allowed him to. And as usual, I took a bazillion pictures to document the occasion! The boys were so cute for church today in their coordinating sweater vests - which are both Eli's (yes, Owen was wearing a 2T vest!) that I snagged off Craigslist last year for a buck! We had pancakes and sausage and hard-boiled eggs for our Easter dinner. We love you and miss you everyone!
Coloring Eggs


The Goods

Our Little Easter Bunnies







4 comments:
CUTE!!! I love their vests!!!
Did you end up not doing dinner with the Joyner's then? Sounds like you had a blast. I didn't get pics of Stew dying eggs but he had a blast as well and was asking for Eli earlier this week. Cute kids Owen is getting so big
So glad you had such a fun day! Look at your handsome little boys! They are so precious, Jeanine! I love their cute outfits and those smiles! The pics are all so good but the bottom is my fave.
I can't believe Owen is wearing a 2T! Emmie's in 12 months and I thought that was big but Owen wins. :)
They look so cute in thier Easter clothes. I can't believe how grown-up Eli looks in these pictures! I'm glad you all had a Happy Easter!
Post a Comment