Apparently Eli is now referring to himself as "this boy." Today it was "help this boy" and "hug this boy." Also today I asked him if he was my boy, and he said "yeah, MINE boy!" Later I was cuddling him and Owen both on my lap, and he said "oh, MINE boys!" Then Eli held Owen's hand - it was so precious! Yep, I love mine boys =). While they were both still cuddled on my lap, Eli said "Love you mama" for the very first time!!!
Really that had to be one of the most tender moments of motherhood that I've had so far... and it got me thinking. Usually when we (I) think about these early and intense parenting years, besides "hard work," the word "sacrifice" often comes to mind. But looking deeper, I can see that all the hours/days/weeks/months/YEARS of cuddling, rocking, holding, singing, reading, playing, nursing and loving are not so much a sacrifice as they are an INVESTMENT in the future. And days like today show me that some of the fruits of those efforts are not so far in coming. So please, next time I vent on this blog about how tired and stressed I am, remind me of this truth! =)
14 years ago


1 comment:
That's definitely something I needed to hear!!! I have been a VERY frustrated parent lately so its nice to hear a good "worth it" story:)what sweet little boys!!!
p.s. Kenadee can now say all your names! its brad, nine, E.I., and O-baby!!! she loves you guys!!!
Post a Comment