
On Dec 3oth we attended my sister's sealing to Dale Slabbert in the Bountiful Temple. It was a beautiful ceremony, and my sister was breathtaking! Dale was looking pretty handsome too. It's wonderful to see my sister so happy, and it was fun to meet Dale's family - they are from South Africa and in addition to being sweethearts, they all have the coolest accents! Aub and Dale's reception was a blast on New Year's Eve. Instead of a "line" they mixed and mingled for the first hour, and then had a really neat program lined up for the rest of the evening including salsa dance lessons, the traditional dances, toasts, cake cutting and flower and garter toss. They had a DJ for the night, and a live singer for their wedding dance (I'll Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie). Aubrey even signed a romantic song (Lucky) for Dale. We all got a glimpse of their love for each other and their spunky personalities really shined through. Eli had a blast salsa dancing, and Brad and I even got to shake a leg on the dance floor for a while. What a great way to ring in the new year! The new Mr. and Mrs. Slabbert will be living in Spanish Fork while Aub finishes her student teaching and Dale continues on in Psychology at BYU. Norton the hearing dog is making his home with them as well. I love you AUBS!
(I forgot to mention my mom made the boys' suits - isn't she awesome?!)
6 comments:
Family looks beautiful! Love the red, I've never seen that before.
cute blessing outfit on owen. and i love eli always playing with the whales. it's so fun to see what kids get attached to, because they all get attached to different things and become obsessed about them (ie: shaelyn and anything cars). aubrey looks beautiful as usual and i love the first picture of her and her new hubby. i think it shows off her personality very well. glad you got to go home and be with family - so brave with a newborn!!! but so worth it, even if he did get sick.
Your sister looks absolutely beautiful!! I love the red and the flower in her hair is the perfect touch! Sounds like such a fun reception. I'm so happy for her!!!
I'm so glad you had such a good trip! And I am still irritated that we didn't make it up to Bountiful to see you guys! I'm so sorry we missed it. I've barely left my house for weeks because of all this snow! I'm jealous that you're in Arizona for so long. I didn't realize that Brad was doing a one month rotation there. What a fun get away for you guys!
K well hopefully you'll be coming out this way to visit your sis this SUMMER and we'll FOR SURE get together because there will be no SNOW and (hopefully) no COLDS going around. Take care and enjoy the sunshine.
Lv ya! :)
It looks like you gys had a busy, fun time in Utah. Now that you are in our neck of the woods...hopefully we will get to see you again!
Congratulations, Aubrey! You all look so great and happy in all these pictures! I love the boys in their matching Christmas outfits. Where do you find such cute boy clothes???
Julie my mom made the suits for the wedding - Owen's was even a one piece. I sure wish I could sew like her! Their Christmas jammies were just from Target =).
Post a Comment