Thursday, January 8, 2009

Four in the Bed

There were four in the bed
when the little one said,
"Roll over. Roll over."
So they all rolled over
and one fell out....
Do you remember this little diddy? Well I'm afraid that it's ending up a nursery rhyme about our family! Eli slept with Brad and I until he was 18 months - we transitioned him to his own bed and room when we moved to Pittsfield this summer. Mainly because we wanted to avoid the above scenario with our second on the way. Well, starting a few weeks before Owen was born, Eli started waking up a lot more in the night again - either due to some sinus issues, nightmares, or having grandma as a roommate for a while, or all the above. This continued after Owen was born, and since Owen now sleeps in our bed so I can nurse him in the night, it became Brad's responsibility to put Eli to bed and keep him there.... even if he had to sleep in his room now and then. Then we left on our trip and the change of scenery - including all four of us in one room - didn't help the sleeping issues, so Brad ended up sleeping with Eli on his little bed the entire time we were in Utah. Now in AZ for whatever reason, Eli won't go near the little bed set up for him on the floor, and the "he and daddy" sleeping arrangement has moved into the big bed with Mommy and Owen. Yep, count that - four people in one bed! Luckily there is a King for us down here... let's just hope that the above nursery rhyme doesn't ring too true and that no one falls out! And at least Eli cuddles Daddy on his side until he gets up for work ... then I end up with Eli wedged in my back and Owen snuggled up to my front until we all get up. Hopefully we can get things all straightened out (ie. Eli back in his OWN bed and sleeping through the night) when we get home. =)
**Side note - I'm having issues with my parents' internet - I'm unable to comment on other blogs so please know I'm not ignoring any of you!** =)

4 comments:

SA Woodward Family said...

LOL. There have been 4 in our bed the last couple of nights Stew is now waking up around 2am and getting in bed with us luckily he snuggles with Sean and I have had Ashlyn sleeping with me due to the fact she is not sleeping at night otherwise. Keep smiling and enjoy your family. Amy

Liz Johnson said...

This reminded me of that song, "Grandma's Feather Bed." Ha! Connor's doing that same night-waking separation-anxiety thing right now too... may we both be able to get it over with soon!

Bridget said...

If you're in Tucson, give me a call and we should take the kids to the park or somewhere! I want to see your baby (and you).

Chris and Michelle said...

Thats so funny. That rhyme has been in my head 24/7 for the last few weeks... I had never even heard it before but my Grandma gave Parker the book for Christmas. It's adorable and needless to say we read it ALL the time so I laughed when I saw the title of your post.