14 years ago
Monday, September 8, 2008
Farmer's Market
I sure wish I had a picture of this. We headed over to one of the local farmer's markets last weekend and it was awesome! There really is a difference between produce that has been picked that morning and the stuff you find at the grocery store. I cannot describe adequately the sweet smell of the carrots and celery (yes, even the celery smelled good) as well as the corn and tomatoes etc. It made me want to start growing all of my own food, lol. The market is held outdoors in the mall parking lot under tents. Eli thought it was so great that he refused to stay in his stroller. It took us both just to keep track of him and to buy all of our goods. I got all the produce I needed from my grocery list, so my trip to the store was a breeze later that day. Yum, Yum, Yum. I really wish I could bottle up that carrot smell and send it to you all! Our neighbor has also been giving us zuchinni, beets, green beans and summer squash from his garden. So we've had zuchinni bread, chicken noodle soup with carrots and celery, zuchinni pasta, zuchinni and tomato salad, etc. We put the corn in the freezer so I have yet to try that - as well as the locally grown portobello mushrooms. Ah, nature's bounty. I can't wait to go apple and pumpkin picking!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I'm with you, Jeanine! I LOVE Farmer's Markets!! There is nothing like fresh produce straight from the farm. (& it's usually well priced which makes it even better!)
I love farmers markets too! Alaska has TONS! We also have up-pick farms here..YUMMY!
Post a Comment