Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Homecoming

Columbia is the proud home of the University of Missouri, or MU, or more affectionately known as "Mizzou." I have never seen such loyal fans in my life as I have out here for the Mizzou Tigers. On game day, you can't drive downtown without dodging your way through miles and miles of cars parked along the roads, tailgating from the early morning hours. Football games with big rivals make headline news... needless to say the homecoming parade on Saturday was a big "to do!" Of course nothing can beat the 4th of July parade in Pittsfield, MA, but this one was pretty fun. We were an hour late getting there, so we just went straight to the very end of the parade route, and got our seats set up just as the first float came by - perfect timing! It was a little chilly to start out with, but the boys had a blast - especially when the parade participants started throwing candy, footballs, stickers, etc. Afterwards we enjoyed a picnic lunch at the park, and had some fun throwing fallen leaves into the river. We had to peel the kids away kicking and screaming =). I LOVE FALL!




7 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

VERY cute! And Mizzou is one of my preferred Big 12 teams - go Tigers! I was sad to see they lost last week. :(

shelley said...

pretty pretty fall leaves. and i love that the boys always sit in the one-seat stroller together. it's very cozy! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! You have some beautoful fall colors out there! We are still waiting on the reds! The boys are so big, I can't believe how much they've grown!

Julie said...

Great fall pictures, Jeanine! I do miss the beautiful colors out there!

Mrs. Slabbert said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Eli and Owen remind me of pics of you and me when we were younger.

Amy said...

Jeanine! Happy Birthday! I know it's passed midnight where you are, but it's still Oct 28th in Provo. I was thinking of you today and hope you had a good one! Your boys are darling. We should start up a club of moms with two boys. Tons of my friends have two boys just like us. ~Amy (Hyatt) Peterson

Carly said...

Wow! What beautiful pictures!