14 years ago
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Desert Museum
My parents and I took the kids to the Desert Museum on Monday - for future reference we will NOT be doing this again in the summertime! There were lots of fun and creepy things to see, but once again it was really TOO HOT to be out there. We quit halfway through the walking circuit, but I think Eli really enjoyed all the critters. We got to sit in a nice airconditioned auditorium for a presentation on animals and saw a live Coati, Porcupine, Skunk, Lizard, Snake, and Parrots. When the Skunk came walking out on the platform Eli yells, "Oh, a 'tinky snuck!" (stinky skunk). That cracked me up. I also couldn't believe how brave he was about touching the snake. He was fascinated and would have held it if they let him! Since then we've been trying to brainwash him that snakes are mean and scary, because my parents actually get rattlers in their yard and my mom especially is scared Eli will find one and try to pick it up. The beaver exhibit was awesome - we watched the beaver swimming through the glass - they are a lot bigger than i realized. Overall, a fun day, and both kids promptly passed out from heat exhaustion within minutes of being strapped in their carseats =).

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love the Desert Museum! You are brave to go during summer. Have you ever gone to the night sessions they have?
Post a Comment