Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day

As I mentioned, Brad had to work on Memorial Day, but we managed to have a good time anyway. The weather was GREAT and the boys and I spent the morning outside filling the birdfeeder and watching birds eat from it. We've seen some beauties - Blue Jays, Eastern Blue Birds, Cardinals, Finches, Robins (in the yard but not at the feeder), and of course Sparrows and Chickadees. I got some cute shots of the boys in their "twinner" outfits - both of which are Eli's from last year =). We were invited to spend the day with a family in our ward, so I took the boys for some good food and playtime. We ended up staying ALL day because Eli did NOT want to leave. He wanted to "play with kids!" He also couldn't get enough of the bright pink doll house that was there - I'll have to find a non-pink version for the boys to pretend with. We were still there when Brad got off at 7pm, so he joined us for a late meal and an hour of socializing. It was a nice day.




The next day Brad got really sick at work but managed to tough it out (maybe he got some food that sat out too long?), but he stayed home yesterday to recover. Not that we are glad he got sick, but it was nice to have him home for a whole day! He even watched Owen so I could take Eli to his Dr. appointment alone, and then on a "special trip" to watch the diggers at the construction site in "downtown" (about a mile from our house). He had a BLAST watching that digger tear up the sidewalk and really enjoyed having mommy all to HIMSELF, which I don't think he has since Owen was born (aside from naptimes).

2 comments:

Chris and Michelle said...

Sounds like such a fun day! Is Eli still taking naps? Parker would never last all day like that without sleep - I'm impressed!
They are so adorable in their coordinating outfits - I can't believe Owen is wearing such big sizes! What cute little men you have there, seriously. And I just read about your sanctuary adventure... what a place! You really are amazing to get out as much as you do with the kiddos.

Jeanerbee said...

Michelle, I phased out Eli's naps a few months ago because they were a battle, and he'd end up taking them way too late in the day. His bedtime is between 7 and 8 usually and he seems to do ok with this. He get's "quiet time" to rest in the afternoons if we are home. And yep, Owen's in 18-24 month clothes! They wear the same size shorts =).