Friday, May 29, 2009

Grandma Magic

Eli loves all of his grandparents, but has formed an especially close friendship with my mom. She has always worked hard to spoil him, but I think they really bonded when she was there to be his number one fan during the "trauma" of becoming a big brother. Eli has recently figured out that he can talk to her on the phone, and asks to call her several times a week. He brings me the phone and says "Grandma sing cow?" meaning he wants to call her so she can sing him Old McDonald... and sing to him she DOES. She will sing and tell him stories until her voice is hoarse... oh how he LOVES it and oh how I love it! Last week I called my mom during the evening of one of Brad's long days - it was one of THOSE days - you know the ones that just seem to drag on forever and you've lost your patience several hours before bedtime rolls around? Eli wouldn't even let me talk to her, because he wanted to, so I set it on speaker and let him hold it while I went about doing other things. A while later I could hear my mom saying "Eli, are you there? Eli?" so I went in to check on him and he had completely passed out on the couch listening to her tell stories! I put him to bed and he slept through the entire night - dirty teeth and all =). I am so grateful to my mom for her support across the miles, and her love and devotion to my kids. We miss you and wish you were closer!

3 comments:

Fromagette said...

That is adorable!

Chris and Michelle said...

Oh that is so precious! How sweet is your Mom??? That is adorable. Good for your Mom. I love hearing that!!

SA Woodward Family said...

How sweet!!! You are so on top of things and capture some of the most precious moments.