Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sleigh Ride


Yesterday we went riding in a two-horse open sleigh! I bundled up the boys with long johns, snow suits, hats and gloves etc, and we drove up to the Adams Family Farm in Wilmington, VT where we took a ride through the snowy woods. Our sleigh was pulled by two HUGE draft horses. We stopped at a cabin in the woods for hot chocolate and some tunes from the old player piano, then loaded back up on the sleigh. Eli LOVED it and kept signing "more, more." Owen... not so much! As soon as we got out of the car and the cool breeze hit his face, he went HYSTERICAL. I think the other people on the sleigh were a little worried about riding with us =). I had to bury him completely under the blanket and stick his face under my sweater next to my skin to get him to calm down... and then he passed out. Probably exhausted from the hysteria. He was pretty good for the rest of the trip though!


It was a BEAUTIFUL day to be in Vermont. There is such a relaxing ambiance about Vermont... we love visiting there! We lucked out and got a "warm" day in the 30's, and it didn't snow on us. Our good friends the Woodwards came with us. It's hard to tell in the pictures, but their little baby Ashlyn is tucked inside Amy's jacket. Eli and Stew have become pretty inseparable little pals. We treated ourselves to some homemade maple fudge at the farm shop, then drove down to Benington, VT where we at dinner at a pizza place. The whole way home, Eli said "bye Amy, bye Dew (Stew)" over and over again (they were in a separate car).... He went to sleep easily last night at 7pm, but then woke up at midnight and threw a tantrum for the next couple of hours. He must have had too much fun!



4 comments:

Spencer and Audrey said...

How fun! I've always wanted to visit Vermont. Sounds like you guys had a blast. It's neat that you get to go do those activities that are so foreign to Arizona life!

Chris and Michelle said...

Okay I am totally jealous. :) I've always had some dream to move to Vermont! I think I was inspired by the (80's?) movie Baby Boom that I watched over and over with my Mom growing up... did you ever see that? (Big city business woman adopts baby and moves to slow country Vermont...loved it!) What fun adventures you're having back East! Wish I were there. Glad you're having fun and finding time with Brad's schedule to explore.

Carrie said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm glad you are making the effort with little ones to go and do neat stuff, even though it might be hard, it's worth it!

Mrs. Slabbert said...

I have the cutest nephews ever, and wow it looks cold there!