Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Girly Shower

You know, I have made some really great friends while living out here in Columbia!  It is going to be a hard, sad place to leave.... two of those really sweet friends (Becca Dalton and Ashley Hampton) threw a "Girly Shower" for me to stock up on the essentials - adorable girl stuff of course!  =)  Here's  a group shot of the guests...


And me with Becca and Ashley right behind me....

They even thought to have a "sugar free" dessert that I COULD eat, since cake would have been out due to the gestational diabetes.  The layered sugar free jello in babyfood jars turned out to be delicious as well as cute! My boys are now using the jars as their drinking cups - they are the perfect size and fairly durable for glass!


And this is back at home, showing off all the gifts to the boys.  Eli and Owen got to open them all up for a second round of fun.  There was even a surprise just for them from "Grandma Betty" - she got them each a watch and they have been wearing them around telling us what "time" it is (ie. my watch says it's time for a snack, or time to read a book etc). 


Eli took this picture... a 5 year old photographer in the making! =)

All the girly outfits!  And just the right amount of pink, with a good mix of other colors I'd say =). 

It was a pleasant day!  The boys got to attend a birthday party with Brad while I was at the shower.  After a full day of playing and opening gifts with me they were ready for some snuggles... I was trying to prep my Sharing Time Lesson for Primary the next day, but I guess I'm not allowed to sit in the "big chair" without a couple of kids on my lap =). 

 
I'm so grateful for the wonderful people we have been blessed to know and have in our lives during our stay out here!  Some of them are truly "family" away from home, and I don't know what I'd do without them! I'm also just so thankful for everyone who attended - it meant a lot to me to be able to have a celebration in anticipation of this baby... even though she is #3 in our family, she is unique and special and I LOVED being able to have a little party with some gal pals!

2 comments:

Chris and Michelle said...

Hooray for "girly" things! What sweet friends and what fun baby girl clothes. I'm so glad she got a celebration! You have much to look forward to and your cute boys are going to be the best big brothers! Hang in there these last few weeks. I can't wait to see her cute face and hear about her arrival!

JacksonFamily said...

Congrats on your little baby girl! I'm excited for you to move to Prescott. My sister lives there, it's beautiful year round!