Sunday, July 4, 2010

Walkabout Acres

This summer a friend and I from the ward helped organize a Fieldtrip Friday playgroup for the ward and any other friends who wanted to join in. Our first trip was to Walkabout Acres, a small family run bee farm. They sell honey products, including honey icecream, and have a few other farm animals as well. It was a fun day!

Oliver is the boy in red who is holding Owen's hand. We have had a separate playgroup at his house every Weds for the past year... he and his family just moved to Indiana though. We will miss them!


Ok, so family and high school friends who have known me a long time... doesn't this farm cat look JUST LIKE my cat Brighty???? She lived to be 22+ years old and only recently passed away. I have never ever seen another cat that looked like her... until now.

And this was not on the farm, but here is a shot of the Weds playgroup I was talking about. I call it my "crunchy hippy mama playgroup." We're the sort that like to wrap and cloth diaper babies, and exchange gentle parenting tips and in general just support each other and have a good time! We're trying to keep it going even though our group's original hostess and our dear friend has moved away. We all just sort of found each other in various random ways, and our friendships were meant to be!

1 comment:

Mrs. Slabbert said...

Holy Freak, that cat looks like Brighty! And I want a crunchy hippie mama playgroup :(. I went to one here, but we are moving, so probably will look for a new one before I get attached to ppl. A LOT of these peeps Homeschool though, and being as my trade is teaching, I am NOT on board with that. LOL, so I get to hear public ed knocked down quite a bit. Giggle.