Well we made it to Utah last Sunday (Mother's Day). We had to leave the house by 5:30 in the morning to make it to the aiport two hours away, all on about 3 hours of sleep. I was so relieved that the boys did relatively well on the plane without carseats since I was traveling alone with them. The only hitch was once we arrived in Salt Lake, we discovered the airline had lost one of our carseats. Thankfully they have loaners to give out, and delivered ours later that evening when they found it. We had a nice Mother's Day dinner at my in-laws (though it was sad not having Brad here!). We met Sky and Ashley's new baby Jace, who is a total doll! On Tuesday I took the boys to see my sister in Spanish Fork, and her new baby Christopher, who is also completely adorable! We spent most of the day tearing up her apartment - I mean visiting =) and had a good time.
Here's where it gets not so good...
On the drive back to my in-laws' in Morgan (about 1 1/2 hours from Aubrey), Eli threw up all over himself and the backseat. Thankfully we were only about ten minutes from home. What a mess.... We got home to find out that Grandma was getting sick too! Eli's sickness continued until around 2am.... just as I cleaned up the last of Eli's throw up, Owen started in. It was a looooong night, and day, and another night. Finally on Thursday afternoon Owen was still throwing up, refusing to drink anything, and really looking yucky so I had to take him to the ER. Thankfully I was able to leave Eli home with Grandma, and he ended up having some fun playing with his cousin.
Once at the hospital, Owen needed fluids and sugar, but his veins were really hard to get into because #1 he's a baby and #2 he was dehydrated. After 3 tries in his hands the NICU nurses came down and put one in his head. It was pretty traumatic, but thankfully I was able to lay with him in the little bed and snuggle him to sleep after that. He also got some anti-nausea meds and we came home.
By the time we got home, I was feeling sick, and spent the rest of the night throwing up! A couple of times Owen woke up as I was running to the bathroom, and let me tell you, throwing up is so much worse when your sick one year old is following you and sobbing. Ugh. Thankfully I felt better yesterday, but Owen is still dragging two days later. We've done a lot of sitting on the couch watching tv and reading books. I'm a little stir crazy, and Eli definitely is! What a vacation huh?! I'm just hoping little O-man perks up soon... it is so hard to see your baby not feeling well, and unable to tell you exactly what is bothering him. Hopefully we have a little more fun next week.
=)
14 years ago


4 comments:
Oh Jeanine! I'm so sorry! I mean, I'm glad that your flight went well. I just flew across the country without Josh and I know what a blessing it is when they cooperate, and how stressful it is when they don't. But the flu...I'm so so sorry! If company will help your misery, Corbin and I were exposed to family members in Utah that had the same exact thing you described. I thought we escaped it because we were feeling well...until the day after we got home! Now my whole family in VA has it. It's so darn contagious! We went camping (not realizing we were sick) and one very long sleepless night, All three of my kids threw up in the tent, some more than once! Needless to say we broke camp and went home. So I'm trying to say, I understand what you are going through, more than I want too! Give Aubrey my love, and enjoy the rest of your trip! Love you!
I'm so sorry! I had to laugh when I read it, though. It sounds WAY too familiar and our eerily similar vacation is MUCH too fresh in my mind! There's nothing like the flu during a vacation!
With everyone I know who has had it in the past few weeks, it must be spreading like wildfire!
No Fun! We will have to try to get together this week and have a little more fun. I'm glad you made it here ok though. We have all had a little of something this past week as well. I will give you a call tomorrow and see how things are going.
Ughh that sounds so awful! I'm so sorry. Talk about a contagious bug!! Sheesh! Hope you guys are feeling better. It's hard to be sick and out of your element as a house guest!! (even when it's with fam)
Hopefully all will be well by next week! We're excited to see you guys! :)
Post a Comment