Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Going Into Hiding

I think I've reached *that point* where I can no longer go out in public. Yep, I'm still pregnant. Yep, I waddle. Yep, I look pretty big. And yesterday at Wal-Mart (one more reason to hate that store), everyone had to point it out! I really haven't been bothered by comments until now, but for some reason it was all I could do yesterday not to glare and mumble profanities after the 6th person said something like "wow you look like you were due a few days ago" or "wow that looks like an 8 or 9 pound baby" or "wow you could go at any second!." Really people, it's annoying and I dare say, bad manners to say such things to a pregnant woman you DON'T EVEN KNOW. It probably didn't help that my sweater was a bit too small and my belly was dangling out the bottom (albeit covered by a stretchy tank top at least) but still... anyway just thought I'd check in. We are getting anxious because everything is all set and ready. I haven't really felt *ready* up until now - just another cue that the arbitrary 10/30 due date was totally wrong. I'm not really *late* until after Sunday but I don't know if I'll have the energy to go that long, lol! I NEED to have everything set perfectly (all laundry done, kitchen cleaned, fridge stocked etc) in order to relax in labor, so I've been cleaning and doing laundry on a daily basis to make sure everything stays perfect. You know, if I am still pregnant on Sunday I don't know if I could even force myself to go to church...it would be the 3rd Sunday in a row of shocked looks at why I am still here and pregnant... really everyone there is much nicer about it than Wal-Mart shoppers, but still....

In other news, Brad bought a fabulous 20 year old Toyota Corolla this week so he won't have to ride his bike to work in the snow. He has been so good about letting me have the car with no complaints, even through all the summer rain and the recent cold spells we've had. I'll have to post pics of the beaut! We left one of our cars in AZ because it was too expensive to ship and ended up just selling it. We don't want to be stuck with something when we move again this summer, so we got the beater for cheap and hope to be able to unload it again quickly when the time comes.

8 comments:

skyler and ashley said...

I share you hatred for walmart and all the stupid people that go with it!! Just the other day some totally random lady grabbed Kenadee's feet and started tickling them! Hands off creepo!! don't touch my kid!!! I so feel your pain. Hang in there man.

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you!! You have a great attitude and I am sure you will have a wonderful L and D. I am with you girl and thinking of you as the days pass...your sweet baby boy will be here soon, SUCH JOY!!!! I can't wait to hear the news!!

shelley said...

good luck. i was in tears the last two sundays i was pregnant with shaelyn because of the stupid (yet i'm sure well meaning comments) from our beloved older sisters in relief society. things like "why hasn't your doctor induced you yet? i don't think it's healthy for you to be so big." and "are you sure your doctor got your due date right? and you're NOT carrying twins?" thanks ladies. so i would certainly be on your side for staying home this sunday. although it will start the rumor that you've had the baby when you don't show up, and then if you go even longer...

i was just telling michael on the phone today that i'm feeling HUGE! i'm much bigger at this point than i was with shaelyn, so i suspect the idiotic comments will be heading my way soon. i have to grit my teeth and tell myself to just grin and bear it. and tell myself that like 25 times.

ps - i never did answer you, but we live in greensboro, north carolina.

Carly said...

I tell you...its going to be tomorrow! Hopefully my "prediction" will stand true! Any change in dilation? Hopefully for your sake and for the sake of those who don't want a pregnant lady to bite their head off it won't be too much longer! :) Hang in there. It will be over much too fast and you will miss those sweet little movements!

The Maughan's said...

Jeanine, It was so good to hear from you!! I am sorry to hear about how insensitive people can be! I am sure you look fantastic. We will be praying for you! Good luck! I can't wait for posts of the new baby!

Marianne said...

Oh, Nine! I'm so sorry! Everyone should be required to think about what they're saying for at least 30 seconds before their mouth will say the words! Good luck! I'm praying for you!

Chris and Michelle said...

Jeanine - I so understand how you feel! I am so like you in having that anal retentive perfectionistic need to have my house completely in order before we even think about any sort of delivery taking place. And the Wal-Mart thing, I just lived that very day back in August. People are so tactless with what they say to pregnant women! Some man was "just sure" I was having twins...Seriously people!It's funny how all eyes are on you when you're 9 months pregnant which is awesome since we all have so many wardrobe choices at that point....Uggh. I so sympathize. Just a few more days at the most. I know, it totally can seem like eternity, that is for sure!
Good Luck! I can't wait to hear the news and see his sweet little face!

Dad said...

Ownen is coming on 11/9 at 0200 hours. Prepare for 30 hours @ pre-labor and labor
DAD