Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hippy Mama Returns!

I took a long hiatus from cloth diapering and such during the whole moving process, but we are back at it and loving it. I'm starting to collect the newborn size for baby O. Here is Eli modeling his favorite - the basketball diaper.


I can also still get him on my back! It's surprisingly comfortable in spite of the belly. We don't really do it routinely anymore, I mostly wanted to see if I still remembered how, and test out some of my carriers to make sure I want to keep them all.


And here is a pic of the 27 week belly (almost a month ago - I can't fit in that dress anymore!).


Baby O is doing well by all indications. Every check up is really good and he is definitely getting big in there! He's due Oct 30th and I'm at that "really awkward, can't get comfortable at night, bending down is torture, can't reach the kitchen sink" stage. Baby O is not a wild mover, but when he does move he is big enough now that I sure feel it! Half the time I get the strongest kicks when Eli is squishing me - he has already been kicked in the head by his little bro so they are getting things off to a great start =). One very sweet thing is when I lay down with Eli to get him to sleep, he cuddles up to me and puts his arm over my belly and pats it. He feels the baby moving all of the time when laying like that, but I'm sure he doesn't understand what it is. Or maybe he does - he was recently sitting on the couch with me watching A Baby Story (birth story) on TLC and when the baby was born and started crying, Eli pointed excitedly to the tv and said "oh there's da bebe" then points to my belly and says "bebe" then back to the tv "bebe." So either he does understand there is a baby in there, or he just thinks my big bump is called a baby, lol. I'm starting to go through baby clothes and get things set up and ready for the big arrival - it's that intense nesting instinct kicking in!!! I really had a hard time getting excited about this pregnancy in the beginning because I was so sick and we had all the craziness of moving going on, but I've started to really fall in love with this little baby and am excited to meet him!

4 comments:

Marianne said...

You're so cute Nine! I can hardly believe he's almost here?! Crazy! Good luck!

Liz Johnson said...

I can't believe how close you are! That is SO exciting!

So... what's the story behind "Baby O?" Do you have an O-name picked out?

Jeanerbee said...

Yes we're naming him Owen! I just feel like baby O fits better until he is actually born, lol.

Mrs. Slabbert said...

Dale said you just look like an African. they wear babies too. High fashion there, apparently.